Gfs took a small step toward the EURO last night and this morning. Right now, if the more reliable EURO is correct it would mean a period of snow in the Lehigh Valley Thursday night turning over to ice Friday morning, then maybe plain rain later on Friday. It would most likely make for a messy AM commute. I just think this bombs too late to give eastern Pa anything significant right now, but it could be a disruptive type of event. We'll see what today brings.
aw man - I originally thought this week would be a week of potential, then I thought I was off with the prog/fast pattern winning out, so resolved myself to looking at 2nd half of Feb. Now back to the potential. This friggin winter has driven me insane!
But....I'll take the potential!!
Is this the beast - or is it a tease that will disappear in the next 24hrs?? Don't need it to be the beast - just a nice storm! But of course if I get 3-6" and NE gets 30" I'll be screaming "why couldn't it phase sooner!!!!!
I do like the trends and LOVE the H up north - to me it's the primary key to the whole thing.
BTW - love the building potential for 2nd half of Feb.
Look at robs numbers. 34 inches for Boston!!! I am in Long Island and will see 8-12. For allow you that don't get significant snow wait till next week there is a monster in the works for valentines day! NAO forecast looks alright,as it goes down just around the 13th, maybe we can also get a big one next week!
I like front end snow over to ice then maybe rain right now. Blending models I like some snow, call me crazy. This will not be all rain for ABE north at least, and I still Philly has a shot at some snow
Accuweather crashed. Friday and V-Dyay shut it down!!
Qtown--I am going to stone cold mortal lock a 2-4" at this point for ABE before a changeover to ice and maybe rain. Could go higher with trends. Philly, you also are not out of this by a long shot. Might not get feet, but hey 4-8" would be just fine right about now